Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple OS 4.0

Stay Informed :: TECH :: Apple :: iOS

Go down

Apple OS 4.0 Empty Apple OS 4.0

Post by Ambush Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Apple OS 4.0 Empty Re: Apple OS 4.0

Post by Ambush Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:51 am

Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:50 pm

I saw most of the video. This is not all the features. It's still good changes that are coming. I keep seeing code that shows video chat stuff for the new iPhone, but who knows. Anyway, a lot of phone have made front facing camera, but most didn't support video chat because of the carriers network. So if Sprint does get a phone with video chat it will bog down their network exponentially. It will have the same complaints as early iPhone users on ATT network. It doesn't matter that it is 4g since that's the speed, but what about the wideness of it. You can go from point A to B fast, but how many can do that?
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Thu May 06, 2010 3:50 pm

I was thinking we could have revival on the forums...

Anyway, I've read online and seen that everytime a beta is released there are more and more features. They're on OS 4.0 Beta 3.

So far there's all the previous features mentioned, but a little more beefed up. Now when you bring up the multi-tasking menu (which appears where your dock would be, but since you're inside an app it doesn't much matter) you see iPod controls (inside any app). Along with that, on the left side of the menu is a lock button to keep it in horozontally or vertically positioning. It's just like the iPad position, just software based. It may be hardware based, too when the new phone comes out. On the right side you see the iPod icon just as a shortcut if you want to go in there.

So, in short after you read all this crap it looks like a good idea. Just like you swipe left to go to the search feature on the home screen, swipe left on the multi tasking menu to reveal these controls.

Here's the kicker. It's also been revealed that you can store files easily by plugging in your device to your PC or MAC, connecting through iTunes, and use it as a regular storage device that actually may act as a sort of file system like a regular computer has.

I'm jumping to conclusions, but they already have a way to transfer files stored on your phone so why would they reintroduce this? They keep adding more crap. By the time they are done there will be nothing more to add to it and they'll just have only the OS physically to change which will be awesome to see because I'm bored with the current one. Anyway it's almost 6am.

I'm not that excited about the new iPhone. I'm happy with mine it's fast and will do all the same crap. The OS4 is what I'm looking forward to.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down