Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server set to 30 players.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Server set to 30 players. Empty Server set to 30 players.

Post by Romanovski Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Wow, checked the player folder since new map, 14 different players have joined the server so far. Keep it up. Wink

By the way, made the server harder by seting it to level 2. No one complained yet, so i figure it fine with everyone. Been at level 2 for two days now. Level 3 is crazy hard, so unless majority people request it, im not making it any harder. level 1 is easy, level 2 is normal and level 3 is hard.
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

http://www.whitecrowsecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Server set to 30 players. Empty Re: Server set to 30 players.

Post by Ambush Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Hard Mode! Only diamonds can kill them!
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:41 am

No, normal mode is fine enough. You do not gain extra XP with more difficulty. Also, hunger pains in Hard will kill you. In Normal it reduces you to a one-hitpoint-wonder. Easy, it reduces you to half.

I was actually fine with it being in Easy.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanovski Tue May 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Decreased the difficulty back to 1 and changed players to 300. Not that it will ever reach that. Smile
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Wed May 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Romanovski wrote:Decreased the difficulty back to 1 and changed players to 300. Not that it will ever reach that. Smile

We got the spirit of three hundred men, that fought with diamond pick axe's!

Difficulty will probably be better lower.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Fri May 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Diffuculty at hard?

WHAT'S THAT ZOMBIES? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME MY IRON DOORS ARE.

Sucks to be the new guys, as they'll have to beg borrow or steal iron to make doors. Was that why difficulty was reduced to Easy?

Speaking of new guys, they need to torch up the roofs of their houses. Critters spawn up there and then drop in to say hi.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanovski Fri May 11, 2012 8:51 pm

the difficulty level also effected spawn of resources according to a few players. They accually voiced frustration and now don't login as much. I want to increase in players since my server can handle it. Hey is there a way to set your spawn point without sleeping through the night? Lets say you just lay down for a few seconds on your bed and get back up. Is that enough to set spawn?
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Sat May 12, 2012 3:44 am

Spawn of resources affected by difficulty: No.

That's a negative. Resource spawns are dependent on the world generation algorithm, which is totally independent of difficulty setting. To verify this, you generate a map using a seed number, on easy difficulty. Then generate the world again using the exact same seed number, but with a harder difficulty rating. The two worlds will be exactly identical. You can even generate the same seed in Creative, and it will still be identical. If they're having trouble finding resources (diamonds, right?) then they simply need to learn how to branch mine and have some patience. The diamonds are there, really. They simply have to invest some time digging around and striking a diamond vein. I've only found three small veins of diamonds in my new branch mine thus far. It's simply a perception problem; diamonds are supposed to be hard to find.

Although you do have a point - Easy difficulty is usually all anyone will ever use, as Normal and Hard are, in my opinion, a waste of time. You gain the same XP per kill, so why not make it a bit easier on everyone? New players would already be at a significant disadvantage over established players, as they NEED iron to have a zombie-proof dwelling. So in the interests of everyone else, setting it back to Easy is cool. I won't be complaining much, as now I don't have to worry about making more iron doors anymore.

You can set your spawn point by merely using your bed for a bit, rather than having to sleep through the entire evening, yes.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Wed May 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Okay:

Some confusion as to what map is to be played. Roman has gone out of a limb and offered to host not just his own map, but one of my older maps, as well.

The new map is actually about three months old, and quite developed. Due to a corrupted region file, we had to set it aside, as it would end up crashing the entire server. Even with that, there's a huge amount of stuff to see (airships, towers, cities, villages, railroads, portal networks, sailing ships, and who knows what else), and gobs of pristine lands to work with.

So, me and the missus decided to gin up another one, after much hemming and hawing. PvP enabled, and woe be unto you if another player comes across you in the wilderness.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanovski Wed May 30, 2012 10:06 pm

so will i be adding your new server on my hosting machine?
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Wed May 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Dunno, man. I will be finishing a harbor on the Jungle map, complete with a bunch of ships at anchor. I did the harbor itself, but when we developed a problem with the map, we ended up reverting a bunch of progress I had, and I lost two ships to it.

Ang finished her village, tho. Just need to do above-ground rail transportation to the various settlements on the map. She may or may not finish it, as her rail work got reverted as well. Lost about two weeks worth of progress on the map. Everyone who was in on it was pretty bummed out. A fresh start was probably a good idea, in my opinion.

Telling you now, Ang is somewhat of a control freak when it comes to games. The only reason she's not running it is because her machine cannot handle it. I can, as I've allocated a gig of RAM to it, although a solid-state HD would help, and a direct wired connection to the router would be even better. Stuff we may end up doing when we build the desktop later on...

I get what you're getting at, though. It would be nice to have one big giant server, but if we're going to do that, might as well purchase server space and have some professional hosting site run it for a modest fee. Ang said no to that - the control issue again, and that it's not free. As it stands now, there's what, eight of us in the Church and another twenty that are used to my server, on and off at various times. That's a lot of folks. Even your machine can't handle more than ten at once.

We'll see a lot more interest when 1.3 hits the street, it adds tripwires, barter and trade with villagers, desert villages, explorable booby-trapped ruins (complete with cool loot) chests that share a common inventory space (so you can remote-access stuff) books that you can write in and a HUEG amount of bug fixes.

And Emeralds. Currency for Villagers, and you can mine it. More rare than diamonds.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Okay, so once my Desktop rig is up and running, I'll be shoving my server onto it.

No longer will processor and RAM be the bottlenecks.

It will be my Upload speed. I continue to have increased interest in my server, and the whitelist continues to grow. I think I have over thirty names on it now, and there's usually two folks on at any one time...

So, I'm thinking of paying for Commercial internet - much faster upload speed, on some of their plans, anyway. Some are really cheap and low-end.

Any idea what sort of pricing I should expect for 2MB/s upload rate? Megabytes, not Megabits. BIIIIIG difference.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanovski Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:09 am

Commercial plans are $380 and up. I have the fastest residential which is more then enough 50M/b down and 5M/b up for $87 a month.
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:19 am

Just did some looking on the Oceanic Time Warner site, they have barebones Commercial plans starting at 60 bucks a month - but that's only 5dn 1up.

That's Turbo Ultimate right? Will have to see if Wahiawa carries it. Seems better where I'm at, less apartments and lower density neighborhood.

Just checked - Wahiawa doesn't carry anything above Turbo. Boo.

Guess we'll see how the server goes. If it goes kaboom due to too much demand and not enough upload speed, I'll have evidence to do one of three things:

Give you the server file and let you host it, as long as we can remote into it and tweak as needed (free?)
Pay a nominal fee to have a commercial site host it (costs money)
Pay out the nose and have commercial internet (costliest option).
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Well you can always try Hawaii Telcom since Road Runner is limited for you.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Hmmm. There's that option. Forgot that we don't have a monopoly on Internet here. (needs to be under government control, or at least, regulated like a Utility, since it's absolutely CRITICAL to our way of life now.)

O HAY, MAYBE I CAN TRY CLEARWIRE.

Bay, Telcom only offers their two lowest tiers to Wahiawa. Same as Oceanic.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Meh.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanovski Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:26 pm

pvtnum11 wrote:Just did some looking on the Oceanic Time Warner site, they have barebones Commercial plans starting at 60 bucks a month - but that's only 5dn 1up.

That's Turbo Ultimate right? Will have to see if Wahiawa carries it. Seems better where I'm at, less apartments and lower density neighborhood.

Just checked - Wahiawa doesn't carry anything above Turbo. Boo.

Guess we'll see how the server goes. If it goes kaboom due to too much demand and not enough upload speed, I'll have evidence to do one of three things:

Give you the server file and let you host it, as long as we can remote into it and tweak as needed (free?)
Pay a nominal fee to have a commercial site host it (costs money)
Pay out the nose and have commercial internet (costliest option).

yes I'm more than willing to host it for you. You will be able to remote to my server using logmein to make any changes you need. And yes it is free.
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:31 pm

The Missus is more open to the idea, since Hamachi allows for remote access to everything.

I suppose we can try it as an experiment, see what happens.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanovski Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:20 am

Sure sounds like a plan.
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:59 pm

So I had an exciting introduction to the new server Romanovski set up.

A thick temperate forest, plenty of Birch and Oak. Lots of Creepers, Skellies and Zombs shuffling around, and since there's lots of shade, the Skellies and Zombs simply run into the shade to escape the light of the sun.

I promptly climed a tree and spent the next day-cycle jumping from tree to tree, taking only the very topmost wood blocks as I went, since wood is needed to do anything.

When I finally had enough, and it was daylight again, I climbed down and ran towards a moderately-sized hill adjacent to a river, dug into it and promptly mined up some stone. Needed an oven so I could bake up some charcoal. Did that, lit up my hill-cave, made a door and secured the place so I could hide out.

Went out again before evening came and punched some sheep for enough wool to make a bed.

So my second night was spent in relavite comfort and safety.

Although at this point, I was really hungry.

Found some cows and pigs nearby and now I have a good amount of meat to feast on. Will make a decent-sized wheat farm, and then I can branch-mine to my heart's content.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Branch mine then my good sir. Heh. Haven't really played this game in some time.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Since I appear to be THE ONLY ONE on it, there is choke land to grab.

Would be nice if we could "win" the game.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:26 pm

pvtnum11 wrote:Since I appear to be THE ONLY ONE on it, there is choke land to grab.

Would be nice if we could "win" the game.

You just "lost" the game. Very Happy
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Sure did, but since I get another go at it, I'm good. Plus, you lost with me. Victory in and of itself.

I mean tackling the Enderdragon in The End. I'LL GET THAT VILLAGER A DRAGON EGG. VILLAGERS LOVE DRAGON EGGS.

Maybe, if we're REALLY LUCKY, this map will have a village close by. You can trade with villagers now, so you can live a nice easy life in a safe town and amass considerable wealth doing so.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next