Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPad Stuff

2 posters

Stay Informed :: TECH :: Apple :: iPad

Go down

iPad Stuff Empty iPad Stuff

Post by Ambush Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:06 am

Well, the iPad Wifi model is already released. The 3G+Wifi will be released at the end of April.

I had the oppertunity to check it out at Ala Moana Apple store. I have to say it's really nice. I mean, I see it sort of as pointless if you already have an iPod Touch or iPhone. If I see a price drop I may eventually get one. I'm holding out anyway for the iPhone 4G.

There is no doubt if you are in college this could be very useful. You have all the regular apps, but upgraded. So there is a better planner on the calendar. Then, you have the huge lcd to read your online ebooks from. With websites you can see the whole page and don't have to squint. You can lock the orientation of the iPad. So if you rotate it horizontally it will stay that way as you leave apps and go into new ones as well as return to the home screen. The iBook store is really nifty. If you hate reading this will make you want to read.

I like how the keyboard is pretty huge, but I still find myself using two fingers. You can export MACs version of power point to a Microsoft file. You can actually do presentations easily on it. I'll post more later...maybe.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

iPad Stuff Empty Re: iPad Stuff

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:21 am

It's an oversized I-Touch...

that's all. meh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:50 am

That_1_Dud3 wrote:It's an oversized I-Touch...

that's all. meh.

I just pre-ordered the iPad 3G+WiFi. I canceled my GTX 480's. I might not even upgrade until like the end of this year, if that. I ran Battlefield Bad Company 2 max graphics fine. I did overclock to the EVGA FTW SPECS. I used my stock card to get the performance of a more expensive card. Meh. I'll write a review when I get it.

See the thing is if I would've pre-ordered it before I would've got it at the end of this month. They put a new EXACT date of like early May now, though. So it's confirmed, but I'll be getting it then I supposed. Apple said people that previously pre-ordered theirs will still get it late April. Heck it's late April now, yeah? Soon.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Niche market, but since they can't keep up with demand right now, I'd say that they found their niche.

So, it'll do everything a e-book reader does, only loads more. one-use products never cut it with me. Why get just a knife, when you can have a knife, screwdriver set , saw, file, pliers, wire-strippers, can opener and sometimes even more than that, all in one little package?

They made a twitter device that only did twitter. Wait, what? Can't you tweet using any existing smartphone? Are we so caught up in a new app, that we can make and market a device that does just one thing? (and that, not very well. The product reviews were not... kind to it.)

Same with an e-book reader, like a Kindle. Can you do anything more that read a book with it? Smartphones let you do gobs of stuff. Download a program, and bam, your've increased the amount of things your device can do, so it actually increases in value, sort of. iPad looks to be in essence, a laptop computer crammed into a huge touchscreen.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:25 pm

pvtnum11 wrote:Niche market, but since they can't keep up with demand right now, I'd say that they found their niche.

So, it'll do everything a e-book reader does, only loads more. one-use products never cut it with me. Why get just a knife, when you can have a knife, screwdriver set , saw, file, pliers, wire-strippers, can opener and sometimes even more than that, all in one little package?

They made a twitter device that only did twitter. Wait, what? Can't you tweet using any existing smartphone? Are we so caught up in a new app, that we can make and market a device that does just one thing? (and that, not very well. The product reviews were not... kind to it.)

Same with an e-book reader, like a Kindle. Can you do anything more that read a book with it? Smartphones let you do gobs of stuff. Download a program, and bam, your've increased the amount of things your device can do, so it actually increases in value, sort of. iPad looks to be in essence, a laptop computer crammed into a huge touchscreen.

As Andrew has previously stated it is nothing more than an over-sized iPod Touch. So, why the heck would you want it?! That's so cool! HAHA. Nah, you can do a lot with it, on top of that when OS 4 comes out you just upgrade it and you get all the new features. No sense waiting for OS 4 to come out then getting it I'll just wait longer for no reason. OS 4 is the big hype due to be released in summer. It's going to have more than Apple revealed on that Event they had. They only shared a few things.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 pm

I wonder when the iSlate is coming. Half again the size of hte iPad, so it can hold a candle to larger laptops. Maybe 17" doagonal for the screen.

Then there'll be the iSlab, a big rectangle the size of one of those folding tables. So you can play the Twister app on it, when you lay it on the floor. Or just use it as a cool interactive coffee table. Am I the only one who wanted the Engineering Console they had in ST:TNG, that they nicknamed 'the pool table'? Grab your special stylus and start drafting, maybe...

And just maybe, we'll see the iFloor. 10x10-worth of Apple goodness. Twister got more fun. Now you can practice your Tango moves as the dance teaching app runs you and your significant other through the steps (don't dance the tango with just anyone, it's a bit... personal). Mount it on the wall, and it works like the iWall, an 8x12 version. Want to look at a breathtaking vista instead of a plain black featureless wall? Not a problem, cue up whatever super hi-res picture you want. Definitely make boring offices a lot more interesting. Just buy some glass cleaner, you'll need it with people wanting to touch it all the time.

Yes, I'm joking. Kind of. But think, scale it up and you have a really really neat gadget with all manner of real-world applications, some of which might actually be useful.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Ian you know you're getting an iPad right? LOL.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Yeah, right. Only if it was gifted to me, I usually don't buy new shiny things for myself. I get used, nine times out of ten.

I like Apple products, don't get me wrong, but since I'm a big believer of self-inflicted pain, I'd rather deal with BSOD's, tiny keyboards that don't work half the time on smartphones (doesn't matter what brand of phone) and being forced to run Microsloth Windows Mobile 6.1 or some of the desktop versions.

I'm also severly retarded. If I was really smart, I'm sure I would have bought something - anything - besides an HP.

Honest. I have no right to own a high-tech piece of Apple computing hardware, just like I'd have no business driving a European-made car, like a BMW M5 sports car or a Mercedes SLK-550. I'm just too low brow for nice things that work when you want them to work, every single time.

Hence why I still have an HP desktop at home, three laptops that use Windows in some flavor, a manual can opener, and the quintessential muscle car of choice for the high-crust of Trailer Park Royalty, a Trans Am.

The plebians and common serfs of the trailer park must make do with smoke-belching IROC-Z's with a #3 decal, 2.8 liter Berlinetta's, Mustang LX 5.0's with chrome rims, and lifted Chevy S-10's with swamper tires and no tailgate.

Of course, there's something to be said about being able to buy a brake rotor for less than fifty dollars, and coolant pumps that only cost twenty dollars...
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Thu May 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Well, I got one obviously and I like it. Anyway, I wasn't sure about it and was very confused on where I stood with it and the accessories. Right now I have the 32gb 3G Model, the Apple case to protect it and stand it up, and a bluetooth keyboard. I need to return the keyboard dock since it doesn't allow for Horizontal docking its worthless to me. Trying to keep accessories minimal with it.

It's going to be great to take to Schofield Gym with me. Do all my workouts with that thing. Speakers are louder than my laptop and battery lasts for 10 hours plus. People can use my laptop now if I'm working out, lol.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Thu May 13, 2010 2:48 am

Oooo, you bringing it tonight?

I miss my fellow geeks. I was the geek-master at my house, it was sort of wierd. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can get my LAN-fix friday, if it's on. I'm way out of the loop...
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down