Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Setup - pvtnum11

2 posters

Go down

Gaming Setup - pvtnum11 Empty Gaming Setup - pvtnum11

Post by pvtnum11 Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Pics later.

Currently, I'm using an Asus G55 laptop (see my review elsewhere) in a DTR config - I have an external 17" monitor (some old piece of crap flatscreen I got for free), and a bunch of Razer preipherals - Deathadder 3500DPI mouse, a Lycosa keyboard and a Megalodon headset.

All of that is crammed onto a too-small desk adjacent to Angela's desk.

Her setup is a whitebox 1st-gen i7 rig, with a 21" monitor, some generic Logitech wired mouse, a Das Keyboard Ultimate (mechanical board with blank keys), and a Logitech wireless headset. She also has a PS3 tucked into a corner for when she feels like killing 12-year-olds on Black Ops 2.

I'll post up a few pics later. As we're side-by-side for that all-important Quality Time that Signicant Other's need, we end up working together on various projects - everything from collaborative Minecraft builds, levelling up charactes in RIFT at the same time, and (THIS IS IMPORTANT) being accountable to one another, since it's a simple matter of glancing over to see what the other is doing.

Since our oldest is a geekling in training, she has my old Asus G50, some crappy kid-sized headset and a generic mouse for her to play kid-themed browser games, and every so often, Minecraft. That is, when she's not in trouble. The computer is the first thing that goes bye bye when that happens. Her little desk is to the left of mine, so again, accountability. I'm easily able to monitor her use.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Gaming Setup - pvtnum11 Empty Re: Gaming Setup - pvtnum11

Post by Ambush Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Pics, you need more of them.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:28 pm

You are absolutely correct, sir.

Ang might get rid of the PS3, since it jammed again (toys being inserted, yay). She doesn't play it much, anyway, even when she did get it fixed. Might be good for some Gamestop credit or whatever. A pity, as she was starting to enjoy Fallout: New Vegas (even though she was only playing it for the Felicia Day content).
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down