Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RAM for the RIG

Go down

New RAM for the RIG Empty New RAM for the RIG

Post by Ambush Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:07 pm

I ordered it. Should be arriving today. Man Newegg stuff gets here quick. I love it.

G.SKILL PI 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1600mhz

G.SKILL FAN FOR RAM

It's cheap. The RAM I have is the RAM that was available when the X58 motherboard launched. The latency is real high. This is a change for me because I have always used Corsair.

Corsair Dominator - 9-8-9-24 or 8-8-8-24 (forgot if this is the correct one or not)
G. SKILL - 6-8-6-20

Newegg Member Review

Pros: I to have also caught on to the low timings like 5-6-5-20 with a bit lower freq. And I must say my Windows 7 has never had so much zip. Upgraded from a previous pair of gskills and never regretted the decision.

Cons: none

Other Thoughts: I used to be a hardcore Corsair person and before that Crucial. But with the track record and products that G Skill puts out I will never go back. I recommend this company to all my customers and friends. They just work period!

Wow. Nice timings. I will have to look into it.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

New RAM for the RIG Empty Re: New RAM for the RIG

Post by Ambush Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:17 am

Still didn't put it in yet...I'll do it tonight hopefully and let you know the difference. I gotta remember to do a bench test otherwise it will all be going off mental persuasion. "It's supposed to be faster therefore it is."
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum