Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teh Worst Firearmz EVAR

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Teh Worst Firearmz EVAR - Page 2 Empty Small Arms Discussion

Post by pvtnum11 Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Wow, I should rename the thread, already to "Ian's Expository Small Arms Discussion" or something like that.

Okay, I found out why we moved to a 9mm sidearm: To meet NATO standards.

Part of the NATO thing is to ensure that if we deploy as a NATO force to some distant part of the world (like, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia, so on and so forth), we can use the same ammunition as our allies, in case we need to.

NATO had adopted the 9x19 cartridge, and we were the hold-outs. As to why the Beretta was chosen, it came down to the lowet bidder - Beretta offered a better deal than Sig did, although a lot of shooters seem to prefer the Sig Sauer P226 over the Beretta 92FS. Police departments and some other Federal agencies chose to buy the Sig, as they weren't hampered by penny-pinching military minds. And they needed less, also. Beretta ended up opening a factory in Georgia, I think, just to supply the new guns and replacement parts. Sweet deal for Beretta, I think.

I never shot either, although I did toy around with an M9 I was handed for guard duty once. Not that it was loaded. (Uh, what's the point of giving a guard a sidearm without any bullets? Does my nametag say Barney Fife?)
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Teh Worst Firearmz EVAR - Page 2 Empty Re: Teh Worst Firearmz EVAR

Post by Patton Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:09 am

THts funny barney fife he had 1 bullet but never used it.

anyway, the 45 usp is AWSOME i checked it out on you tube. but going back to machine guns check out "premire infantry assult rifle" futuer weapons. ITS a BEAST. I mEAN A BEAST. ITS nifty and light still 5.56 though.
Patton
Patton

Back to top Go down

Post by Patton Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:10 am

the scarh would be nice about now this time of yaer. But, stinkin O bama is cutting back. If i was president i would cut back on everything else exept the military.
Patton
Patton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum