Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 iMAC 27"

2 posters

Stay Informed :: TECH :: Apple :: iMAC

Go down

2012 iMAC 27" Empty 2012 iMAC 27"

Post by Ambush Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Sup everyone?

I was looking into moving my big 46" screen into the loft area of my home. This would be really nice. I've already had help relocating my cable modem drop and wireless equipment. I sort of wanted a smaller shelving system where I could put the network equipment, xbox 360, file server, etc. Mount the LCD to the wall and put a couch against the other side. Sounds good right?

If I were to do this I would need a monitor replacement. Being the Daddy Mac that I am, I would consider replacing my 46" with something like the 27" Apple Cinema display. It is expensive, and it is not the most up to date display. They are in need of an update. I think they will just update it to what the 27" iMAC is. They made improvements on the display. The Cinema display is $999. An iMAC varies, but is a bit more.

Either piece of hardware would allow me to hook up my Macbook Pro. The difference is obviously one is a desktop and one is just a monitor. I see now I'm enjoying gaming more and we'll see how that pans out. If I continue to, I would like a desktop that can perform. The fact that its an ALL-IN-ONE design is awesome. I could bring my iMAC downstairs in one piece. Crazy huh? Will I pull the trigger? I'm waiting for a while to see if they release a new monitor. Not interested in spending money in this area as it is not a neccessity. Nice to think about though.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

2012 iMAC 27" Empty Re: 2012 iMAC 27"

Post by Ambush Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Update

It's up in the air as far as when I can buy it. They are actually back ordered so even if I buy it now, I won't receive it for a while. Not sure how long. At least 3 weeks I'd say, but who knows.

Saw some reviews. The 2gb GTX 680MX has been getting really good reviews. It's an optinal upgrade if you were to buy a 27". I found it funny how expensive it is to get memory from Apple. A video I saw reviewing the iMac suggested what I already do. If you can buy it from somewhere else other than Apple, do it. In this case the RAM. 32gb of decent Corsair RAM can be had for about $160. It's like 2x $80 kits. Don't need that much. Could just go 16gb. So tempting though.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:53 pm

It's official. The RAM should be arriving today. The Computer was not actually purchased yet as it is on backorder. February 20th or so I may receive it. Can't wait.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 am

I'm going to have to pull you Apple Fanboy Card, sir, since you didn't purchase your RAM from them directly.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 pm

pvtnum11 wrote:I'm going to have to pull you Apple Fanboy Card, sir, since you didn't purchase your RAM from them directly.

Got the RAM yesterday. Yeah it's too expensive. Whatever you can get seperately somewhere else, do it.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Stay Informed :: TECH :: Apple :: iMAC

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum