Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Your Guns

3 posters

Go down

Will You Play Airsoft?

Post Your Guns I_vote_lcap67%Post Your Guns I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Post Your Guns I_vote_lcap0%Post Your Guns I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Post Your Guns I_vote_lcap33%Post Your Guns I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Post Your Guns I_vote_lcap0%Post Your Guns I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Post Your Guns Empty Post Your Guns

Post by Ambush Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:19 pm

I figured I'd make this stickey. Post your guns if you have any. You can later edit your post to reflect new ones you bought. I think me and PvtNum11 are the only 2 with them, though.

Currently, my AK is in the shop. I'm upgrading it to around 400fps. Also, they're changing the barrel for more distance. I was thinking of having my M4A1 shipped here. I may just do that, but it would be difficult to get through customs since it doesn't have the orange tip on it.

Gun: Tokyo Marui AK-47
Mods: The barrel was changed along with a lot of changes to the gear box to increase the FPS. Gears, Pistons & Steel Bushings were changed, also.
FPS: 400

Gun: KSC Glock 18c
Mods: The Spring was upgraded to the strongest the store had and supposedly the strongest they make. It made the gun a lot louder and a lot more powerful in my opinion. I left the barrel stock. It's all metal and trade marked. Very rare.
FPS: 330
Gun: Tokyo Marui M4A1
Mods: None
FPS: 310 (stock)

Last edited by Ambush on Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post Your Guns Empty Re: Post Your Guns

Post by pvtnum11 Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Dude, just have someone spray some blaze orange on it again...

I have:

Cheapie AK-47. Three-point sling. I need to find my charger. Nice and hefty, probably the nicest thing I got. Plastic, looks like metal and wood, from a distance. Solid metal weights inside it. Ebay special.

uber-cheap M4. Probably not worth using except as a toy for my daughter.

Spring pistol of indeterminate make/model. At least it's metal, no clue how it shoots. My daughter got her mitts on it and now I don't know where it is.

Electric pistol of indeterminate make/model. Another toy for my kid. Looks totally rad, but it's very cheap.

i USED to have:
Tokyo Mauri MP5K. Gas blowback, kicked butt, sold ot a co-worker for some cash.
TM super short G3, collapsible stock and shrtened fore-end. Electric AEG, kicked butt. Sold to some guy for a hundred bucks. Regretted it soon afterward, it had nice heft to it.
M9, gas blow-back, I might hae it on storage somewhere. Magazines don't like being dropped, they start to rattle and stuff and they leaked. Also wore out the slide stop, so it would no longer hold the slide back on an empty magazine. Pretty beat up.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanovski Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Im probably gonna get an AK like Ambush and mabey slap a lazer and sniper scope on it.
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

http://www.whitecrowsecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Bah, iron sights! Real life AK's are inaccurate. Kalishnakov hever designed the AK for accuracy. It took another arms designer to make the Russian army a dedicated marksman rifle, the SVD, otherwise known as the Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova, or in english, "Dragunov's sniper rifle". It only looks like an AK. it was also not designed for snipers but marksmen, which operate with an infantry unit. Snipers do their own thing, typically.

It was found during WWII, that most infantry engagements occurred within 300 meters range. Typical rifle designs of the day were all pre-WWI relics, which could deliver accurate and lethal fire out beyond 800 meters or more. However, such rifles were long, slow to reload (most were bolt actions) and the cartridges they fired weighed a lot, so the individual soldier could carry less of them. Submachineguns worked wonderfully in urban battlegrounds, they were selective-fire, and as they fire a pistol bullet, an idividual coud carry hundreds of rounds of ammunition without being weighed down. Alas, an SMG is virtually useless beyond 100 meters, as the rounds typically lose velocity rapidly and their lower mass means that they won't do much beyond that range.

But most armies in WWII started to field more and more SMG. Cheap to make, easy to keep 'fed', and easy to train with, and they worked. Japan had a few designs, Germany had lots, Britain had a few, and the US had two of our own.

Soviet infantry doctrine favored shorter-ranged weapons - in WWII, many soldiers were armed with submachineguns, like the PPSh-41, PPS-42 (made in beseiged Leningrad) and the PPD, but this left them without a long-range weapon. Hence why they would place a designated marksman (or markswoman!) in a squad, armed with a Mosin-Nagant rifle, or less commonly, the SVT-40 semi-automatic rifle - Simonov knew his stuff, his 7.63x39mm rifle was known as the SKS, but the selective-fire AK-47 superceded the semiautomatic SKS after just a few years of service time. I actually wish that MW2 had the SKS in it, although I doubt people would use it - limited to ten-round charger-fed magazine, and it's just as inaccurate as the AK.

The AK-47 was initially designed for ease of operation and repair by glove-wearing Soviet soldiers in Arctic conditions. The large gas piston, generous clearances between moving parts, and tapered cartridge case design allow the gun to endure large amounts of foreign matter and fouling without failing to cycle. This reliability comes at the cost of accuracy, as the looser tolerances do not allow for precision and consistency. Reflecting Soviet infantry doctrine of its time, the rifle is meant to be part of massed infantry fire, not long range engagements.

So, to give them something that could reach out and touch something, they had the SVD made, and got rid of their old Mosin-Nagant stocks. The MN had been in service virtually unchanged since 1891, only being phased out of active service from the USSR in the 1960's. You can buy a Mosin-Nagant today for less then a hundred bucks in some places. In an interesting historical tidbit, the USA actually made a large batch of these rifles back in 1916 for Imperial Russia.

Largely, the AK-47 has been superceded by the AKM, a modernized version with the same cartridge, and then by the AK-74, which changed cartridge type from the 7.62x39mm to the 5.45x39mm round, which has better ballistics, better accuracy and reliability. About 50-percent of AK-47 parts will work in an AK-74, with the notable exception of the bolt, barrel and other critical caliber-dependent parts. Still, the current version of the AK is not designed explicitly for accuracy, it is designed to give a squad of infantry the ability to deliver a mass volume of fire into an enemy, which according to our army doctrine (unless it's changed, you former soldiers can chime in), is critical in the first few seconds of an engagement to establish superiority. Keep the enemie's head down, and he can't fire back to kill you, and you can have a maneuver section move forward to a position to neutralize (read: KILL) the enemy.

Gah, I sure love to type...
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Romanovski Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:23 am

That was totally an intresting read. Forgot to mention that I will be getting a silenser as well :) for close area combat. cant wait to get one later on.
Romanovski
Romanovski
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

http://www.whitecrowsecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:15 pm

That was interesting? Really? Here's some more.

A difference in doctrine explains the differences between the often-compared M-16 (and variants) and the AK-47 (and variants).

Soviet doctrine, from the urban and dense forest combat they saw on their parts of WWII, moved them away from long-ranged, accurate bolt-action rifles, firing a large heavy caliber, to submachineguns, and then to the AK-47. Large volumes of fire, mostly at short ranges, and since Soviet soldiers were minimally-trained conscrips that served for only two years of mandatory service, Kalishnakov designed the rifle to be both durable and easy to maintain. You can train a conscript to use an AK-47 in a few hours and they'll be good to go.

It has been proven that all you need to do to maintain it is to pop out the bolt and carrier, and wipe them down. To swab the barrlel soldiers would take a bootlace, put a knot in the end and dip the end in motor oil. Then they woudl use that oil-soaked bootlace to run it through the barrel once or twice. Reassemble, and maintenance is done.

The loose design tolerances of the operating parts makes the rifle durable and rugged, but also makes it inaccurate. A stock rifle will group 6 inches at 100 yards, or six minutes of angle, nad that's with the rifleman trying to as accurate as he can be. The AK-74 is more accurate due to the bullet it fires, but I'm not sure how much more accurate.

The AK-47 is also designed to be manufactured cheaply, using simple machine tools. Ak-74's use plastic for some parts, like the magazine, but their are still countries that manufacture Ak-47 clones to this day, mostly China, North Korea, and old Warsaw pact nations. The Ak-47 is also prolific. It is estimated that there are perhaps 100 MILLION AK's and it's derivative and clones in the world. They're everywhere. You can buy one in some parts of Africa for as little as SIX BUCKS. Since they never wear out and they fire an extremely common cartridge, this is why Africa has been embroiled in such internal turmoil and senseless violence over the past decades, and will continue to be a troublesome area well into the future.

The American small arms doctrine, in comparison, stressed accurate single shot fire. My own training with the M16A2 stressed the fundamentals of breathing, aiming, steady posture and squeezing the trigger. Mass volumes of fires is provided by selecting whatever multi-shot option the variant has, but the stress has always been placed on a soldier being able to deliver accurate aimed fire out to 300 meters (currently). Although we adopted the submachinegun during WWII, using the Chicago Typewriter (Thompson M1928 submachinegun) in a slightly modified form as the Thompson M1. Then we had the cheaply made M3 'Grease Gun'. But most of our soldiers went to battle with the M1 Garand. Simply add a scope, and it's a sniper rifle, the M1-C or the M1-D.

After WWII, we decided to update the design of the Garand. Give it a detachable box magazine to solve the 8-or-nothing clip problem, rechamber it for a more modern 7.62x51mm NATO standard cartridge, fix the gas system, and job done. Until someone suggested making it selective fire. That resulted in making everything heavier to handle full-auto fire, but the weapon was too light and fired a much-too-powerful round to be controllable on full-auto. This was the M-14. Most soldiers had their rifles locked out of full-automatic role. Slightly modified versions of this rifle exist in active service to this day, even though they quit making them decades ago. Add a scope and feed it match-grade ammunition, and it becomes the M21, the Army's old sniper rifle, or the M25, used in the first Gulf Live Fire Exercise we held in the early nineties.

Currently, the M-14 is used as a desingmated marksman rifle, filling the gap between what a bullet spong - er, an infatryman can engage and what a sniper can engage, the distance between 300 and 600 meters, but these are merely wood-stocked original M-14's with a scope added. The M-16 replaced the M-14 as the primary line rifle in the sixties.

The M-16 was designed using space-age cast and machined aluminum alloys for the receiver, saving weight. To save even more weight, they ditched the operating rod and gas piston, instead using the direct gas inpingment system, which taps hot gas from the barrel and dumps it into the bolt carrier, where the bolt itself acts as the piston. (I have more of that later.) Thus, the M-16 is lightweight in comparison to other rifles of similiar caliber, at the time it was designed. Uisng a smaller intermediate rifle caliber enables the soldier ot carry more ammunition, as well. The rifle has excellent accuracy, able to group shots in a one-inch circle at 100 yards, or one minute of accuracy, mostly due to the fine tolerances designed into the construction of the weapon. If maintained well, the rifle will deliver accurate aimed single-shot fire. It was chosen on the M16A2 variant to remove the pesky full-automatic mode, replacing it with the three-round burst option. It was proven that soldiers in the field will leave their weapons in the full auto mode by default, and when initian contact is made, will empty the magazine. Usually doing little more then providing supressive fire, as it is usually just the first round or two of a burst that will hit a target, especially at range.

So, whereas the AK is designed more or less as a durable bullet hose, the M16 is desinged to be a highly-accurate rifle.

So why, do I hate the M16? Oh wait, did I mention that I hate it yet? I do, really. Sure, it's accurate. But the direct gas inpingment system means that it dumps hot carbot soot directly into the delicate and finely machined operating parts of the weapon itself. Might as well pour some dirt in there. Sustained fire only makes it worse, which is why they added the bolt assist, to help you smash the bolt closed when it gets really nasty in there. Cleaning the M16 takes pipe cleaners, rags, swabs, about five hundred Q-tips, all sorts of msaty cleaning chemicals, maybe some harsh language, and several hours. The hot gasses leave behind loads of rock-hard carbon deposits all over stuff, and you have to scrape and pick and scour it all off, and there's only a million places for that carbon to latch onto. My unit had a parts cleaning tank put in, filled with mineral spirits, to help clean weapons. So in garrison, fun gun. But wars aren't fought in garrison.

The AK-47, in comparison, due to the rougher tolerances and simpler construction, can be cleaned up by wiping down the parts with a rag, and running yoru bootlace down the bore, soaked in a bit of motor oil. Maybe ten, fifteen minutes, tops? And you can skimp on the maintenance if you need to, the weapon won't let you down. The worse accuracy is compensated by the fact that the gun will go BANG every time you pull the trigger. The soldier might not have time to clean their weapon after a grueling day doing a forced march over nasty terrain, with no hot food and especially after seeing combat earlier. Wipe the gun down, run a swab through the bore, done. There's a reason why there's a hundred million AK's around, they don't break unless you cut them up with a welding torch or blow them up.

Any comments?
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down