Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gun for Ambush

2 posters

Go down

New Gun for Ambush Empty New Gun for Ambush

Post by Ambush Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Well people, it's about that time. Time to stock up on fire power you will probably never use. Income tax is right around the corner and I would like to buy a new firearm. They are not all that expensive, honestly. It's just the trouble it takes to acquire one. I have my hunter safety course so I'm good to go. Just need to update my license to it's not out of state. Whoops!

Anyway, not sure what I want a rifle or handgun. Most likely a handgun. I would like an AR-15, almost seems taboo to own one now. We'll see.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

New Gun for Ambush Empty Re: New Gun for Ambush

Post by pvtnum11 Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Mosin Nagant M1891/30. If it breaks, you buy a new one for 160 bucks, and use the old one as a boar oar, tentpole or firewood. Plus, it predates the "in Soviet Russia" jokes by over two decades, being adopted by Imperial Russia. The 7.62x54 rimmed round has been in service for over a century, too. Cheap round to buy.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambush Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:15 pm

AK-47's for everyone, yeaaaaaaaah! 7.62 as well, yes? How feel you? Still want a AR-15 with ACOG if I get a rifle.
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:10 am

The AK round is completely different. That's a 7.62x39mm round, and is rimless. Much smaller bullet. The Снайперская винтовка Драгунова, (Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova, or SVD) is essentially an AK-derivative chambered for the Трехлинейный патрон образца 1891 года - (Three-line cartridge model of 1891), also known as the 7.62x51mmR cartridge. The "R" stands for "rimmed".

...I'm wondering how an ACOG sight would look on a Mosin, actually.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down