Stay Informed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDC (everyday carry)

2 posters

Go down

EDC (everyday carry) Empty EDC (everyday carry)

Post by pvtnum11 Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:42 pm

So I appear to have gained a convert to the EDC mindset: I've been carrying a pocket multitool for... over a decade, I guess. With shirt and tie, aloha shirt, full suit, doesn't matter; I'm carrying a Leatherman Wave (one of the older ones). Prior to that, it was a Gerber, but I like Leatherman stuff more and when the Wave came out, I rushed out and bought it - more comfortable to use and you don't have to open it up to get a knife out. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to "trim this thing" or "open this box" or "tighten this screw". Or when I've needed to do that myself. Even my daughter knows that it's useful, and when we couldn't find any scissors, she said "daddy's pocket tool can do it".

Any man worth his salt should carry a knife on his person whenever possible, since a quality knife has vast utilitarian value.

I also carry around a small pocket folding knife on my keyring, and a single AAA mini-maglight, although I plan to upgrade to something brighter, more durable and more reliable - the mini-maglight has quit again and I need something that has a positive push-button switch on it, instead of a twist-head.

Anyway - apparently, I inspired another Brother to EDC a Leatherman and flashlight. I'd say that having a pocketknife and flashlight would be almost mandatory for a Sound Tech, but that's just my opinion and I'm not in charge.

A nice subdued color (black works) for the light and pouch should keep it from standing out amongst your dress clothes.

Get something durable. The cheapest multitool you can find won't hold an edge, the tool will be sloppy and loose, and the pliers (if it has any) won't be good for much of anything. It's hard to go wrong with a Gerber or Leatherman, although there are other multitools out there. Flashlights: A nice LED "tactical" light would work fine. They're small enough and often come with a belt-clip. Don't buy heavy or large, as it will weight your belt down - you should be able to wear it all day every day without noticing that they're even on you.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

EDC (everyday carry) Empty Re: EDC (everyday carry)

Post by Ambush Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:54 pm

who is the convert? your daughter?
Ambush
Ambush
{VoIP} Administrator
{VoIP} Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pvtnum11 Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Mr. Lee, actually.
pvtnum11
pvtnum11
{VoIP} Moderator
{VoIP} Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum